Friday, November 4, 2011

it came upon a midnight *CLEAR*

have you already guessed this week's theme, ♥JINGLE BELLES♥? has the emphasis of the word "CLEAR" given it away entirely?

ok, then, you've got us: this week we're asking you to make a holiday card that contains at least one see-through element, whether that be glass, a transparency, some vellum, acetate or "ghost" shapes, clear stickers, lucite buttons, shrink plastic... whatever you like... if you can see through it (& figure out how to attach it!) put it on there and link it up!

here's what we did:


Lauren says, "i love making cards out of transparencies! probably because i love *LAYERS* so much, and the clear base gives you sooooo many possibilities on that score: you can use both the inside AND the outside in your design! plus the "wow factor" is kind of hard to beat, isn't it?! in addition to a gold snowflake transparency card base, i've placed holiday-themed vellum inside the card, and finished off with a few stickers, a couple of rub-ons, and a fancy bling word. i have to say i am pleased with this one, and can only tell you that if you like it A BIT in the photo... it's actually even cooler in real life!"


Stef says, "Somehow I managed to temporarily *misplace* my box of transparencies during a recent studio reorganization, so as I was searching for them, I also looked for any other clear items I could incorporate into this week's prompt ... I finally settled on some acetate packaging that formerly held a bunch of tiny roses.

I cut the *bubble* away from the packaging & punched a hole in the front of a folded piece of white cardstock, so I could fill my snow globe shaker with EAD Designs Stickerz and some clear bead-like shapes (the kind you find in the floral section to fill vases). Once I had that part finished, I created the front of my card (using this week's Cardabilities sketch) and then punched a hole through that, so I could slip in my shaker. I finished with an EAD Designs rub-on sentiment, a felt snowflake & gem, and a base for my shaker snow globe. Papers are Echo Park Holly Jolly."

so *CLEARLY* now it's time to see what you will do: go all out with full-on see through card? or perhaps more sensibly make a regular card with a bit of patterned transparency or vellum on top? or even just sneak in a couple of plastic or acetate items?! remember you can use inkjet transparency sheets from the office supply store to make any of your digital files into transparent elements!!! whatever you decide, link it up by 6pm (EST) next wednesday night, november 9th!!! keyword for galleries or the flickr group is JB45. we can't wait to see (thorugh) your cards! ♥




5 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

CARD 45?!?!?!?! OMG, we're in the home stretch! I already have a weird idea cooked up, too. :D

Unknown said...

Awesome prompt! Can't wait to try :)

Lorraine said...

Aha, I'll have to do some more clearing of my workspace and see what I can come up with for this one! Love your sampless ladies - you are so very inspiring.

Jackie Randolph said...

Beautiful cards, both are simply gorgeous -

Lauren - be sure to check the Whimsy Inspiration blog tomorrow as I think you will be surprised to see you won from your comment left on my blog!
Congratulations

Electra said...

Lauren, your cards is so beautiful! and Stef, how brilliant is your snowglobe?! (now where is my packaging I put away for a rainy day?)