Friday, June 1, 2012

Fa-La-La-La-La!

This week we're celebrating one of our favorite things at jingle belles ... Christmas Music.  We're asking you to create a card (or gift card holder, or whatever else you'll be needing for the holidays) that incorporates music, that is inspired by a holiday song, or that includes a holiday song title.

Here are our musically inspired designs:


Lauren says, "i built my entire card around a 3x4" sheet music embellishment from october afternoon's holiday style miscellany collection; i loved the soft colors, the charming retro-style and even the magical feeling of christmas snow... so i tried to expand on all of these in my design. i used the may 21st layout sketch at sketch support to guide the placement of my elements, and i'm quite pleased with the result!" 





Stephanie says, "I started by scanning some vintage sheet music I had in my collection and re-sizing it for my card front.  Next I stamped Hero Arts Merriest Christmas Wishes in Blue Iris on the music-printed cardstock.  I intended to use the image stamped directly on the music, but managed to flub my attempt at a hand-drawn frame, so I cut out the stamped image and placed it on top of a second piece of the printed music (I always print enough to cover a piece of cardstock) using a blue cardstock frame to cover the flub.  I added red colored pencil to my cardinal for a little pop."

If you're stumped, here's a list of Christmas Songs to get your creative juices flowing or put in some holiday CDs and start singing (or humming or whistling) those holiday tunes and link-up your creations by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, June 13th using keyword JB12-12 for our flickr (and other) galleries.


8 comments:

Eveline said...

Fun new challenge. I'll have Christmas songs in my head all day now. Love both your cards.
Eveline.

Bella said...

Glad to know that I'm not the only one making christmas cards in mid year :)

Lorraine said...

Ladies, your cards have blown me away today! What lovely creations - and in blue two times. That pop of red for the cardinal is brilliant and the PEACE says it all. Wonderful inspiration.

Rose said...

beautiful cards ladies :)
now i have christmas music stuck in my head and it is 100 degrees here! lol should help me stay "cool" ;)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely holiday cards, thanks for the fu!

Mynn xx said...

Thanks for the chance to link up--this was a fabulous challenge! Your cards are amazing, gals! :)

Lisa said...

Wow, awesome inspiration, love your cards ladies!

Anonymous said...

wow; gorgeous cards!!
linda